Thursday 6 November 2008

Time goes like a tube train

rush, rush, rush ... stop for a second of reality ... rush, rush, rush

I went to London yesterday, carried my camera with me, didn't take many inspired photos. Did enjoy a gander through Tate Modern and their art displays of raw emotion before it's been conditioned with any structure or form - that's my take on modern art.
I went to London today, was in a rush, didn't take my camera with me. Loved checking out the latest exhibition at the Portrait Gallery. I was waiting for the tube when I spotted a handsome man wearing an Indiana Jones type hat with a feather on the side - not a normal London look - and a hands-free mobile device on the other side. I walked down the platform for a closer inspection and the train pulled up, we both got on and I sat down beside him. Slightly weary of striking up conversation and it falling flat (errrm, so the weather's quite fluorescent in here...), I waited until my stop and a few seconds before I commented, "I like your hat". "Thank you. It's from Peru." "Oh cool. Bye." And with that, he gave me the biggest, warmest expression that shone with genuinity and comfortableness. (It's made my day). Time has already started to erode that experience, the warmth of recollection is cooling, but I took a snapshot of his smile in my heart. I wish I could print a copy to keep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home