Wednesday 17 September 2008

An English Rose and a Kiwi

It's a funny business this wedding photography. I guess business is just funny to me, there's all these rules and guidelines, and loads of people trying to sell you their services, but at the end of the day it either happens or it doesn't. I appreciate all the advice and time people are giving me, especially T! I've never worked so many hours a day, day after day after day ... thanks friends and family for all the wonderful support and encouragement!

Some of the wedding photographers structure their services on packages by the hour. Well, I keep trying to tell the couples I meet that my time is not that precious! And the more time I get to take pictures the happier I'll be, and the more fun their album will portray! And that's when the costs start filtering in, I want the pictures to be the best quality possible ... as maybe when you're 'in it' you don't quite realise it but on weddings days are when family and friends from everywhere around the world come together for something special and fun, and in 50 years time those are hopefully memories that you'll still want to recall and treasure, thus the photos will be triggers for those happy moments. Not just pretty pictures for right now.

I guess this is something heartfelt and important to me - as they say, art should be an expression and not a production - having most of my friends and family living far far away; it's something that I appreciate now though most other people who understand this are OAPs!

This wedding was fun! It was a Mill Hall in Newbury, lovely place, and the couple were cute! I noticed the occasional tremble of a lip, and many big smiles, much good emotion going on. The best man is from New Zealand and he's a photographer too, he was a great help on the day! All the best to the sweet couple!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home